Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever. – Daniel 12:3
….in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive. – Titus 2:10
We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. – 2 Corinthians 5:20.
Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” – Matthew 28:18-20
Friends are important to us. But how are they doing, really? Do they really know who God is? Do they really know where they are going in life? Do they have a purpose in life – have they found the meaning of life? Do you think you can help them? Do you think God wants to use you to help your friends come to know him?
Of all the Facebook friends you have, how many have you shared your beliefs about God, Jesus and the Bible, with? Have you “liked” the Bible? Have you let everyone know you’ve “added” your best friend, God? How have your status updates been – spiritual, or just plain worldly? Do you ever share something deep you learned in your quiet times, something you’ve learned or read, to tell your friends that you do have a spiritual life, a growing relationship with God?
The truth is, God is watching. He has a Facebook too and sees every status update, every post, every comment, every message. And he still wants everyone to find him, even on Facebook. The Bible says that God “wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth” 1 Timothy 2:4. And that’s why disciples responded like this: ”For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved” 1 Corinthians 10:33.
1. See the need.
- You’ve got to see the need for how lost people are in this city. Not only your friends, but everyone around you. Check out these videos that give an overview of the spiritual climate in this city.
How other churches see the need for evangelism in Vancouver:
A 16 minute, eye-opening look at the spiritual climate in Vancouver:
2. Take Action
- Have the attitude, “I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes” – Romans 1:16
- Be convicted by your lack of zeal to share the gospel, if that’s the case, by reading the scriptures here and deciding to change
- Use the power of social media. Find a way to share your convictions on FB, Twitter, email, text, whatever!
- Focus on a few – if you were to find one person who was truly open to hearing about God, you would be achieving your goal of changing the world, one heart at a time.
- Have faith! God can use you and wants to use you! God says, “Am I not sending you?” – Judges 6:14
- Pray to be filled with zeal and courage through the power of the Holy Spirit
- Pray through your friends – have you ever done that? Pray through your FB friends list?
- Ask God to show you who to focus on and that he leads you to the ones that are really looking for him.