1. Matthew 5:17
- Law and Prophets. What does this describe?
- What is Jesus saying he will do?
- What Jesus did completely fulfilled all the goals, dreams, shadows, types and prophecies of the Old Testament.
2. Matthew 4:13-17; Matthew 4:23; Mark 1:15
- What was Jesus main message? The kingdom, the gospel of the Kingdom
- If his life and work would fulfill the Law and the Prophets and his message was the Kingdom, what does that tell us?
2. Exodus 19:5-6
- Who is this referring to?
- What kind of kingdom did God want his people to be? What is true of a kingdom? What is true of priests?
- Did Israel become what God wanted them to be and fulfill his dream?
3. 1 Peter 2:9-11
- Who is this written to?
- How did Jesus fulfill what God wanted as described back in Exodus 19?
- How does scripture describe the church? (1) chosen people (2) royal (“kingdom”) priesthood (3) holy nation (4) people belonging to God.
4. Isaiah 2:1-4
- If “the mountain of the Lord’s temple” describes the Kingdom of God and the other mountains describe the kingdoms of this world, what is this passage teaching?
- What are some things that will be true of this kingdom?
5. Isaiah 9:6-7
- What kind of kingdom language do we find in this passage?
- What is unusual about the names given to the one who is coming to establish his reign?
6. Isaiah 11:1-9
- What will be true of the person God is going to send?
- What will be true of his “holy mountain.” (his kingdom).
7. Luke 17:20-21; Matthew 12:27-28
- How does he fulfill Isaiah 2:2? Isaiah 9:6? Isaiah 6:9?
9. Matthew 6:9-10
- Have you heard this prayer? Have you prayed it? What did you think it meant?
- What does it mean to let the kingdom come to your life? Notice parallel (“your kingdom come/your will be done on earth as it is in heaven”)
10. Matthew 6:33
- What does it mean to seek first God’s kingdom?
- What is the promise for those who do this?
11. Philippians 3:20
- How does this completely change our thinking about how to live?
- How may we be viewed if we live like this? (1 Peter 2.11)
- Is the kingdom something you want to enter and be part of?
12. John 3:1-5
- What has to happen to enter the Kingdom?
- Are you eager to keep study and find out how do this?