Purpose: If Jesus claimed to be the LORD and SAVIOR of all mankind, and knew His claims were false, that would make Him a liar. What if Jesus claimed to be God, and did not know His claims were false, that would make Him a lunatic. But what if Jesus claimed to be God and proved it? That would make Him… LORD!
The Miracles of Jesus
- Acts 2:22. How do we know Jesus was accredited by God?
- John 10:38, John 14:9-11. What did Jesus challenge the Jews and Philip to believe in?
- Matthew 11:2-5. What did Jesus tell John to focus on in order to strengthen his faith?
- The Miracle: The blind receive sight. John 9:1-7
- The Miracle: The lepers are cleansed. Mark 1:40-42
- The Miracle: The dead are raised. John 11:1-4, 37-44
- The Miracle: The deaf hear. Mark 7:31-37
- The Miracles Prove the Reality: Jesus is LORD!
The Resurrection of Jesus
- Matthew 16:21; 20:17-19. What did Jesus forewarn His disciples was going to happen to Him?
- 1 Corinthians 15:3-8. Why is this Scripture so very important to you?
- John 20:24-25. Before the Resurrection, did Thomas believe Jesus had risen?
- John 20:26-28. After, the Resurrection, what are some differences you see in Thomas?
- John 18:17. Before the Resurrection, what was Peter afraid of?
- Acts 4:8-13. After the Resurrection, what are some differences you see in Peter?
- Acts 8:1-3; Galatians 1:13. Before the Resurrection, what was Paul’s relationship with Jesus?
- Acts 9:1-5, 8, 18-20, 1 Timothy 1:12-16. After the Resurrection, what are some differences you see in Paul?
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-6. Over 500 people at once saw the resurrected Jesus. Is not 500 witnesseses convincing proof? The proof is logical and overwhelming.
- The Resurrection and the Changed Lives Proves the Reality: Jesus is LORD!
The Prophecies of Jesus
- How can we identify the Messiah? In order to identify one person out of six billion people, it would require nothing more than five points of identification. The country, the state, the city, the street and the person’s name. Did you know Jesus Christ has 333 points of identification, proving He is the Messiah? Prophecy is just one of the ways to do that.
- The Prophecy: The Messiah and the Cross. Psalm 22: 1, 18 (1000 B.C.)
- The Fulfillment: Matthew 27:35-46 (33 A.D.)
- The Prophecy: The Darkened Skies. Amos 8:9 (787 B.C.)
- The Fulfillment: Matthew 27:45 (33 A.D)
- Other prophecies:
- Born of a virgin: Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18, 24, 25
- House of David: Jeremiah 23:5; Luke 3:23, 31
- Born in Bethlehem: Micah 5:2; Matthew 2:1
- Ministry to begin in Galilee: Isaiah 9:1; Matthew 4:12-13,17
- Betrayed by a friend: Psalm 41:9; Matthew 10:4; Matthew 26:49-50
- Sold for 30 pieces of silver: Zechariah 11:12; Matthew 26:15
- Wounded and bruised: Isaiah 53:5; Matthew 27:26
- Bones not broken: Psalm 34:20; John 19:32-33
- Crucified with thieves: Isaiah 53:12; Matthew 27:38
- Resurrection: Psalm 16:10; Acts 2:31
The Messianic Prophecies Prove the Reality: Jesus is LORD